Friday, January 23, 2009

Harried Momma Fajitas

is what we had for dinner tonight.

Now, before I start, please note that I am in Texas and I am very well aware of what "real" fajitas taste like. In fact, they are one of my favorite forms of sustenance. However, on days like today, when I am dealing with a minor dental emergency, a weird eye problem (I can't look at the light - it hurts. Yes, I have an appointment about it tomorrow) two three year olds (I have an extra one today), a five year old, and an 8 month old infant who refuses to nap, this will certainly do in a pinch.

Harried Momma Fajitas

You need:

~Chicken - boneless skinless something. Preferably breasts, but whatever else (tenders, etc.) you have on hand would be ok.

~A package of chicken Taco mix (yes, taco, not fajita). Look carefully - you want the kind with no MSG or other disturbing or unpronouncable ingredients.

~ A combination of onion and bell peppers, cut into strips. I suggest the precut kind - the truly harried momma will appreciate this convenience.

~ A 13x9 glass pan

~ A few tablespoons olive oil

~ Foil to cover the pan.

~ Shredded cheese, salsa, and other toppings if desired. I'm a salsa-only girl; this harried momma likes simplicity.

~ Tortillas.

Here you go - throw the chicken breasts whole into the pan. Toss with some olive oil and the taco mix. Add your veggies on top, to the outer edges of the pan. Bake for 35-55min at 350, covered. Use the time to do something other than cleaning the kitchen.

When your chicken is done, break out the tortillas, slap on some toppings, and custom cut your chicken as each person prefers. If your tortillas are cold, roll your creation, and microwave it for about 10-15sec to get it nice and squooshy.

And there you go. Not authentic, but mighty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - I heart comments! Please keep them at least vaguely on topic and respectful, thanks!