This is screw-up proof, I promise. Hope you guys like it.
Moron-Proof Noodley Stuff in a Pan
None of the amounts are set in stone - a little more or less will be fine.
~12 oz box of whole wheat penne pasta or similar style
~1.5ish jars spaghetti sauce, give or take
~1 can petite diced tomatoes (you can leave this out if you don't have any)
~ Frozen onions and bell peppers - about a cup of each (you can leave these out if you don't have any)
~ 1 package 20oz Italian seasoned ground turkey
~ 2C shredded low moisture part skim Mozzerella
1 large sauce pan
1 Pasta Pot
2 8x8 pans or equivalent (I suggest lidded Pyrex for easy storage)
1) Put your turkey and frozen veggies in the sauce pan - cook until well browned, breaking up turkey regularly. If you want to throw in some extra Italian seasoning, go ahead.
2) Cook pasta per directions, and remove from heat and drain about a minute short on the cooking time. You want it edible but firm.
3) Pour half the pasta in each pan and half the meat mixture in each dish.
4) Split the sauce and tomato and pour half in each dish as well as 1/4 of the cheese and combine (reserving 1/2 cheese).
5) Cook glass dishes at 350 for about 30 min.
6) Sprinkle 1/4 remaining cheese on each dish and cook for about 8 minutes or until well melted.
Optional - I'm sure you could freeze one of them after combining the ingredients but before baking - just put the extra cheese in a ziploc on top and freeze the whole thing.
There you go, Bon - you can do it!!!